Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt Python Serial # PN038xx. Any help with the year of manufacture would be greatly apreciated. Also looking for a box or case for it.

Thanks in advance,
JP

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
When looking for a factory type box, be aware that virtually everything you see these days are fakes.
Fake boxes and end labels are sold on Ebay and the gun auctions, often as originals.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
On the subject of boxes,the Colt Community is being flooded with fakes,everything from boxes,to manuals,to hangtags.If you don't know what you are looking for and at you WILL be taken for a major ride.For starters if you see anything originating from Sparta Tenn.....RUN LIKE HELL.If you see something you like send the link here and have us check it out......JMHO......MIke

·
Registered
425 Posts
Blue plastic case with a picture box.

Did yours come with the Colt marked rubber grips?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
mine is PN033xx, and it came with a blue molded plastic box and pictured cardboard box,colt rubber grips
I have a Colt Python Serial # PN038xx. Any help with the year of manufacture would be greatly apreciated. Also looking for a box or case for it.

Thanks in advance,
JP

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Any Python that left the factory after 1990 had rubber grips be it what ever brand of rubber. Unless it was a custom shop gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts