Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is expensive (hey it's a Python), but I wish they had come in a shorter barrel. Say a 4 or 6 incher would have been nice.
From time to time I run up on one at shows or shops, but my pockets never seem to time it right with my findings.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I am new. This is my first post. I am trying to collect Pythons, but they are pricey and you have to be pretty careful with ordering over the internet and telephone.

However, I actually did buy a .38SP Target in blue. It is still sitting with my FFL dealer and I will be able to see it this week (not pick it up yet). I can't wait. It is NIB never been fired and it is the only one I have seen in "blue" over four months of watching internet sales. I have seen at least four nickel's for sale, but didn't have the money to pick one up. A couple people I spoke with said these are one of the most accurate revolvers they have ever fired, although I can't testify this myself. I will probably not fire mine. It will stay in the collection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howdy-

At one time I had 3 target models --two nickel and one blue and an 8" .357 in nickel plated. I got my first Python Target in 1993 and I still have it today. It is A tackdriver. I use my own reloads and have a wonderful formula for my Python Target. I only shoot wadcutters and have put about 2000rds through mine(which i picked up used for $350.00)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yup, me too! First, in about 1972, I thought I'd have a three gun collection; a Python, a New Frontier and a Gold Cup. Then I thought I'd have a Cobra, a Python and a Diamondback ... then I thought I'd have an Officer's Model Match in .22 and .38 to go with a .357 I got by chance. Now, after having most of these guns, at one time or another, but never all at the same time!, I'm afraid only the Pythons will do! The .357 and OMM just don't feel as good, although, I think they shoot just as well. Then, there's the stainless issue - that IS the obvious, premium material for guns to be made of, seems to me. How about an 8", .38 Target Python, a shortie and an old .357 to show it's lineage and a current 4" stainless for the top shelf? I've owned a custom .45 that would outshoot anything else I've ever seen, but ... Sorry, Col. Cooper, I PREFER the Pythons in my hand. Incredible, isn't it? I can shoot every bit as well - or poorly, with a beat up S&W #10, but, what the heck? Hey - look at that other post about Python pictures, would you? I don't own one, presently, or a digital camera ... but how 'bout some more pix, please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts