Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I have to clear up a thing about test targets. Colt may have been sending out test targets with the early colts in the 50's and 60's but I don't know when they stopped in the 1970's all the way till the python was being made in the custom shop as the python elite. I also am not positive if they actually sent targets with the Elite Pythons since I have never seen one with it. Maybe one of the other major collectors / dealers on this sight can shed some light on this. I would like to find out my self exactly what years they sent targets out. I have purchased several back when the guns were in production and never saw a target. That also includes the gold cup.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Python Elites made from 1997 - 2001 for a fact had test targets when new but many were lost or thrown away over the years. It must have been sometime in the early 1970's when targets were discontinued and not seen again until the Python Elites came out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.