Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what Colt charges to tune up a 66 Python that is slightly out of time? Just falls short of clicking into position when cocking slowly. Maybe there's a fix? It's a shooter with wear...

Thanks, KJ

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Call Colt...1-800-962-COLT. I would assume they would tell you the firearm has to be inspected first before giving you a dollar figure.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Kevin, contact Frank Glenn at glenncustom.com.He does good work and is reasonable.I sent him my shooter two weeks ago to replace the hammer,stock locating pin and tune up.I will be getting it back today.$220 including shipping.It's a better option than Colt because you wont need to wait several months to get it back.I like Colt's work but the turn around time is terrible.D*

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Just stretch the hand yourself and save the time and money. Of just leave it as is. It will be fine for many more years.

If you are unsure as to how to stretch the hand, buy the Kuhnhausen manual, which thoroughly explains the process.

(Apologies to anyone offended by my "delivery.")

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
well cock it real fast and the momentum should lock it in to place. You don't shoot that slow anyway do you?

Reactions: 71firebird400
1 - 5 of 5 Posts