Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. When I was younger and stupid I took my 8" bright nickel Python and had it stripped and an e nickel finish put on it. Now, 30 years later I want to sell it only to find that without the original finish folks are less interested in it. It is in excellent condition with no blemishes. My question is what is a fair price to ask for it? Should I go through the trouble of trying to have the original finish replaced?

·
Registered
620 Posts
It probably depends on what price you were trying to get. You have already refinished it once, so if the prep to re-nickel it doesn't harm the gun too much it might fetch a little more money, however, you probably will have spent whatever extra money you made on the cost of the re-nickel. This answer assumes that you disclose the re-finish history to the buyer and were not going to sell it as NIB to someone that didn't know any better.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I can't see a refinished 8" Python bringing more than $1000-$1200; but prices are always rising. Then again a lot of "collectors" will not be interested in a refinished gun so you have to find someone who is looking for a shooter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Python Pics

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Technology

The e nickel finish was applied by Nitex in Carrollton, Texas. I understand that they may have done work directly for Colt. I think that company is now Nitex Guns out of Eagle Pass, Texas. Only about 200 rounds fired through it. Currently asking $1,800. Is that out of line for such a sweet shooter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts