Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Possible, but quite unlikely, that these were custom Colt order ivory at delivery.
Archive letter needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible, but quite unlikely, that these were custom Colt order ivory at delivery.
Archive letter needed.
Thank you..... I’m in the process of flipping my entire firearm collection to colts..... my collection was a conglomerate of all the makes , models and caliber that I thought collectible.....had a 6” anaconda.45 , 21/2” .38 diamondback,6” king cobra...and then last year I bought a python to complete the most available snakes...... and then I caught the virus... not COVID-19...but COLT double action revolvers......I’m enjoying the hunt....my goal is a pair of each model, blue and nickel/stainless.......each with the letter of certification.......before I die...... leave the collection to my son-in- law and my 2 grandsons......thank you for your help..... I’ll be here often
Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be a custom work or fake aster market grip. A picture of the grip in question would help identify it.
Will post..... I bought the gun from locks gun shop in Philly.. via GB..... it was posted and grips were described as true ivory...... but I got the gun for the gun.... I really don’t agree with ivory grips and have replaced them with pacmyers(sp?).......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
#885631042 auction on GB , I think you did very well -very nice colt python and the grips are true ivory .
that is a nice looking python
looks like it had full size stocks when it left the factory
great score
EE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts