Colt Forum banner

Python Year/Run Identification

815 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
Just picked up a sweeeet 6" SS Python, 99% at least... must've been sitting in an attic or drawer somewhere. Anyway, I'd like figure out when it was built, etc., but I don't know anything about Colt's serial numbering scheme. This pupppy's SN is PN08502... can any of you fine folks help me with this?

Michael.

#2 ·
Sorry... I was rude to not introduce myself first. I'm Michael, as you can see... I'm a new poster, but've been a reader/lurker for a bit. Lots of knowledgeable folks here, thanks for your hospitality!

Michael.

#5 ·
Hi Michael, welcome aboard!

Sorry but I am unable to date your Python. There is no published S/N data past 1985 or so for Colts. You may have read that on this forum in the past.

In such a situation, the best way to to call Colts service department. They will provide you with DOM.

This is a Python not a Python Elite right? What sort of stocks are on it (wood, rubber, what style)? What does the medallion look like, if original stock?

The info above may help me to make an educated guess, but a quick call to Colts will get you want you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.