Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, A ROOKIE HERE! FIRST POST! GLAD TO BE ONBOARD!! JUST WONDERING ABOUT MY 20+ YEAR OLD PYTHON--8" NICKLE!! NEVER FIRED OR EVEN COCKED. ORIGINAL BOX AND PAPERS. SERIAL#VA71XX!! ANY INFO APPRECIATED. A COUPLE OF SA"S LATER. THANKS, R17

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
my book only go`s to 1978, yours was made after then. i sure some one with a newer book will give you an exact date. welcome to the forum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just checked my big book it gives 1980 as d.o.m.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome aboard.
What kind of info are ya lookin' for ?
You already know it's Nickel, It's New in box with papers and it's never been cocked. Kinda tough for Colt to shoot the factory rounds through it with-out cockin' it, but I'm not saying it can't be done.
FYI: If she's really Nickel, she should be 30+ years old as the Factory stopped Nickel in the mid 80's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So, she should have a woodgrain box and wood target grips.
Pictures are always nice.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,802 Posts
VA71XX was made in 1980.

1980 was a busy year at Colt's for serial number ranges, and there were FIVE different serial number ranges used that year.

The "VA" range started and ended that year, starting at VA1001 and ending at VA9256.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GUNKWAZY: THANKS FOR THE INFO. NEVER KNEW THEY TEST FIRED GUNS BEFORE SHIPPING!! HOW BOUT THAT!!
YES I THINK IT'S NICKLE. COULD BE BLUE THOUGH! MAYBE I JUST CAN'T SEE!!
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR EXPERT OPINION!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ray-welcome to the forum, congrats on your Python, but could you please disable the caps lock when you type? Straight caps are the equivalent of yelling and I don't think you mean to do that. -Asa

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YES I THINK IT'S NICKLE. COULD BE BLUE THOUGH! MAYBE I JUST CAN'T SEE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry smart ass, I was being serious.
There's a lot of people that confuse the Nickel guns with the bright stainless guns. If it was made 20 years ago, it would have been Bright stainless.
Good luck with what ever you're trying to find out.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YOU ARE THE SMART ASS!! I THINK I KNOW NICKLE FROM STAINLESS!! DOUBLE SMART ASS!! YOU MAY BE AN EXPERT; BUT AT WHAT I DON'T KNOW. MAYBE JUST BEING A SMART ASS!!.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Razorblade, good luck to you in the future, I think you may need it./forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Don't you have to be at least 18 to own a handgun ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Next thing I expect is the ol' schoolyard chant.."nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa"...Grow up guys!. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
705 Posts
Can you believe this guy. 8 posts and he's already in deep $^#* I think he needs to quit while he is ahead. As I see it, no one is going to think he's serious from now on. I wouldn't even reply to his post ever again.

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Name calling . Come on guys ! There's no place for that here . If you've got a problem with a member , contact me . I'll look into it . I'm here every day .

We're above that stuff !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.