Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh-oh. Looked at the Colt web-site the other day ... the only revolvers listed are all Peacemakers - no more Pythons. Has it come to this? Over!? (Say it ain't so!)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Double action revolvers are on hold till later this year. Colt is installing some new equipment.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[This message has been edited by GUNKWAZY (edited 03-29-2005).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, all righty, then! Phew!! New equipment? Do I smell something afoot more than just Pythons? (Tell me it iS so!)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is there any chance that Colt will start making other DA revolvers besides pythons and anacondas?

Wouldn't it be great if they started making Diamondbacks, Cobras, Boas or DS-s or other beatiful goodies once more?

Or is this wishful thinking?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yea Gunsmoke,
Colt will be making Scandium Pythons, Royal Blue Anacondas in .454 Casull, stainless steel Vipers & Diamondbacks in .357 magnum, 8 shot King Cobra's, limited edition Detective specials in Polished Bright Stainless with your choice of real Ivory or Walrus tusk stocks, and don't forget the limited edition Custom shop engraved "Black Mamba" model. It comes in Hi-gloss Black with Black & White pearl grips. It's a 5 shot double action revolver that shoots .500 Specials or .500 Magnums and the barrel is only 2 inches long with a 1 inch compensator. You can unscrew the compensator and screw on the 10 inch long shotgun style barrel and shoot the NEW .500 magnum shotgun shells. It's very cool !!!
By the way, all the list prices will be somewhere starting below similar Taurus models.
I forget to mention also that they moved the plant to Malaysia. Ha ha ha

Just having some fun Gunsmoke.
It makes you think though.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
In other words: The changes of me winning the 8 million euro jackpot of this month is just as big as Colt coming back to there senses and start making the beautiful goodies from the past. By the way: have you ever heard of the single-shot Rainwurm in .50 BMG?

[This message has been edited by gunsmoke (edited 04-05-2005).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts