Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every morning I get on here and between two and three out every four posts is about a PYTHON! Nice gun , but you would think it was the only revolver Colt or anyone else ever made, IT'S NOT! It makes the overall forum, well, BORING! I've been on here a long time, but I think I'll drop out for a year or so and see if when I come back there are some other INTERSTING posts besides PYTHON, PYTHON, PYTHON!!!!:bang_wall: Goodbye for now.:(

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wish you wouldn't. I alway like your posts.

There were only five Python threads on the first page of "revolvers" this morning and yours was one of them. I opened it because of its author.

There's other stuff here. Just open and read what you think will be the "good stuff."

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I hate to say it but those are the threads I open first. They are my fav. and I wont apoligize for that, all of the snakes catch my interest. I like colts in general, it is my favorite brand. The reason I come to this sight is I got sick of most other sites talking of nothing but crappy plastic black guns, if that is what u are into those sights r for u. I come here for the snakes, and I wish U werent leaving, i enjoy your post too. :(

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
In the summertime most forums experience a slump, as people take vacations or get busy doing other things. I've noticed it on all the other hobby forums I frequent. So the variety of topics decreases too. I understand where you're coming from. When I joined in 2006, this forum was more about collecting and using pre-war Colts. Which I was very into, but I got busy with a couple other hobbies, and didn't come back here for years. Upon returning, I do notice the Diamondback and Python craze that was apparent in 06 is continuing, as is the group of speculators hoping their prices will continue to rise, so their guns will become a retirement nestegg. Of course, I came back in during the great gun and ammo rush of 2013, so everything seems hurried, worried, and rushed. But I still like mostly pre-war Colts, and just ignore the Python posts (which don't seem 5 times better than the Colts I do buy, at 5 times less cost).

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
i just bought a Winchester AE Trapper 44 mag from GB this morning, hope that helps you reading this.
something different :rolleyes:
stay tuned

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The beauty of the forum, like any medium, is that we can pick which threads/posts to open and which to ignore. Since this forum has grown considerably, it's only natural that new folks gravitate towards the current HOT item (right now Pythons) due to recently purchased or wanting information. Topics are cyclical. Your areas of interest and expertise aren't always going to follow the "current" trend but your knowledge has always been valuable to many. I ask that you reconsider and keep in mind that many have benefited from your posts when you do decide to chime in.

Here, take a look at my Diamondback and smile a little, life's too short to let the small stuff get to you my friend :)

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well, I bought 3 guns in the past 10 weeks or so. One 1937 380 Hammerless, a mint 1956 Chiefs Special Airweight with the original Sun Ray box, and one I haven't received yet. A 1954 baby Chiefs Special. I only posted the Hammerless because this ain't the S&W Forum ;)

I don't see where most of the posts concern Pythons. Since I'm retired I probably check this forum for new posts 10 times a day.

So be it. As Mitch recently said, "We'll keep a light burning for when you return."

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Dick, I, personally, hope you'll reconsider after a MUCH shorter break. As most here know, when it comes to the Diamondback, not many are as astute as Mr. Stover. You've been my friend for as long as I have been here and I so appreciate your kindnesses and your contributions to the forum and not just in the realm of the Diamondback.

We all get a little frustrated with things from time to time so with a little luck we'll have your forum's countenance back very soon! Take care of your health; that's the most important thing and see ya soon my friend!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
By an odd coincidental quirk of fate, I was emailing Mitch about that yesterday.
I would dearly love to see a separate sub-forum for Pythons only.
It seems to be the single-most repetitive word in the Revolver Forum & I know others love the things (which is fine), but I'm certainly tired of seeing them constantly listed every time I look.

Yes, I know, I don't have to look, but still.... :)
Denis

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I dunno, Denis.
I don't own a Python or a Diamondback. I accumulate pre and post war D frame snubbys and the occasional old Colt semi auto.

I'm not sure I'd like to see a sub forum dedicated to only Pythons and or Diamondbacks. After that, you would see members like me lobbying for a snub nose forum - or two, one for D frame snubbys and one for E frame or New Service snubbys. It could go on and on......

No disresprect intended to you :)
Mike

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
That's the drawback discussed.
Once a Python forum opened, others would start clamoring for a Peacemaker-only forum, a Dick Special-only forum, and so on.

My feeling is that the revolver forum sees a good mix of Peacemakers, Official Polices, New Services, DS, and so on that rotates well enough to avoid the constant bombardment of any one gun like the Python provides.

I don't want to see 50 sub-forums, but with the addition of the BP sub, I think a Python sub would just be a good idea.
After that, no real need to break Revolvers down any further.
Denis

·
Registered
38 Posts
You seem to be a respected member and I'm new, but this is what I see: you're throwing a fit and leaving because others aren't posting what YOU want to see? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I don't regard it as him throwing a fit, just being tired of the constant Python bombardment.
Hmmmm... :)
Denis

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
I have never met a Colt I did not like as long as they are snubs. Lets start a Snub Forum.. :bang_wall:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.