Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make a lot more work for Mitch to move to the correct PYTHON SUBFORUM when posters keep disregarding the reason for that subforum being there- to prevent those of us who are really quite tired of the things from being continually bombarded with PYTHON POST after PYTHON POST after PYTHON POST in the wrong section.
Denis

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'll point out that the S&W Forum has a procedure which allows anyone logged in on the forum who sees a posting made in the wrong area to click on an icon which notifies the moderator, who then moves the posting to the correct area. It seems to work well there. Why not here?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not just make it simple & have Python lovers stick their posts in the right place to begin with?

Posting in the correct forum generally seems to work elsewhere, why not here? :)

Time after time after time people are still sticking Python posts here. Up to two or three concurrently.

Don't see 1911s or ARs posted in the general revolver section, because there's another place for 'em.

Nobody's knocking anybody's love of the things, but the Python sub-forum was created to let the Pythonners congregate in one place & not constantly bombard the rest of us with "Did I pay too much", "What do I have?", "Is this worth it?", "Hey, looky my new Python!" and so on about the guns.

Not really too much to ask.

Denis

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Looks like a case of the solution in search of its problem.

By my count, during the last 6 months ( from the beginning date of the "Python" and "Single Action Army" Sub-Forums):

Total Number Of Active Threads Discussed In The "Revolver" Sub-Forum - 1,430

Total Number Of These 1,430 Threads With The Word "Python" In The Subject - 53 (3.7% and about 1 every 3.5 days)

I found many of these 53 threads (about 30% or 16 threads) to have ambiguous subjects lines which seek information for, or discuss the Python and another Colt Revolver, such as "Please Help Me With Possible Python Trade For Anaconda". Or, "Check Out My Gun Show Finds, a Python and Police Positive".

Even a greater number of these 53 were started recently by new members that are just getting the hang of the Forum, and to them I say welcome and please don't let this discouraged you.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I'm trying to discourage here is not new people, but endless Python threads in the general revolver section.

Solution looking for a problem?
The Python section was supposedly created to BE the solution to the problem. :)
Denis

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I would be willing to Gander that as long as a Python is a Revolver the Python Subject lines are going to Land in the Revolver section. I just checked my pulse and Life DOES go on!

·
Registered
95 Posts
It would need its own section in the main menu. Alot of users see revolver and figure it goes there. The sub section for python is not that obvious as you can see by how many posts end up in the general revolver area.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Make a lot more work for Mitch to move to the correct PYTHON SUBFORUM when posters keep disregarding the reason for that subforum being there- to prevent those of us who are really quite tired of the things from being continually bombarded with PYTHON POST after PYTHON POST after PYTHON POST in the wrong section.
although I agree that people often post in the wrong subforum, it's kind of ironic that you've basically done the same thing regarding making more work for mitch by starting this thread here.
after all if we're going to split hairs this is basically a general discussion and should have been posted in the lounge.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'll point out that the S&W Forum has a procedure which allows anyone logged in on the forum who sees a posting made in the wrong area to click on an icon which notifies the moderator, who then moves the posting to the correct area. It seems to work well there. Why not here?
that same procedure is available and in play here if people choose to use it.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ace,
So, OK to post in the wrong forum without condemnation, and to participate in three pages of on-going discussion re Pythons in a post, but not OK to start a thread saying "How'sabout we just do it right in the first place rather than play cleanup later on?"

Anyway, stated my opinion, you're free to disagree.
Denis

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
mr pris, I said no such thing. if you want to twist what i wrote it's your prerogative but i in no way said what you seem to think i said.
maybe you should take a moment to re read my above comment.
and if you really want to do it right, why did you start and post this thread here and not the lounge?

I'm not here to argue with you but face some facts. there's already another thread on this same subject in the revolver section.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/73066-pythons-pythons-pythons.html

why did you feel the need to start basically a duplicate thread 3 hours after that one? excuse me if i don't understand your logic regarding that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.