Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in my local gun store today when a guy came in with a hello kitty bag. In it was a mint 1984 blued python with 4" barrel. After he trade it to the GS, I bought it for $900. Bargain? By today's standards I felt so. For the yet-to-be python owners, there are still some out there at somewhat fair prices.fuzzy

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Well, that's more like it. I only have a 6-inch Python but believe the 4-inch models are the very best looking variant.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Was in my local gun store today when a guy came in with a hello kitty bag. In it was a mint 1984 blued python with 4" barrel. After he trade it to the GS, I bought it for $900. Bargain? By today's standards I felt so. For the yet-to-be python owners, there are still some out there at somewhat fair prices.fuzzy
yeah, a mint python for that price was a great deal.
i'm the kind of guy that wonders what the dealer paid, though. :)

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
A mint Python for $900 is a wonderful find and purchase. You were in the right place at the right time and congratulations :) . My preferences always leaned toward the 4 inchers in revolvers for balance but I've strayed a few times though not exceeding the 6 inch threshold on any Colt in the stable. Enjoy your new fine Colt revolver.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The best day I had was a couple of years ago at OGCA I picked up two 6" Pythons one blue and one nickle,also picked up an MP-9 and a Para LDA.Total invested was $1975. I like to make the pawn shop circuit on the last business day of the month.If it's been a slow month for sales I can get some good deals.The owner of one of them has caught on to my visits so he hides the good stuff if he isn't going to be there that day(jerk).:)D*

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dad spotted one just listed in a Texas online add for $850 about a year ago. We talked my brother in-law into it and I made the 6 hr round trip with him to pick it up. It's a EC blued 6" from about '80. The seller said his phone rang off the hook and realizd he underpriced it. He honored his word and we took it home. Don't hesitate if you find a good deal!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice! Just a couple months ago I picked up a 6" Python, matte stainless with the original Pachmayr's for $825 at a local pawn shop. It's the gun that got me into Colts!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
very nice find. lucky you grabbed it as someone else would have scooped it up shortly. Wild Pythons just don't exist very long outside the collector's world.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great find! Reminds me of my $975.00 Python. ::wipes away a manly tear::

·
Registered
923 Posts
it seems to me that there is a big differance between pythons on GB, and real world prices, are buyers on GB willing to pay extra not to go outside?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Great idea for summer-CCW your Python in a Hello Kitty Bag!

Reactions: Blademan

·
Registered
892 Posts
My pawnshop find yesterday....Not mint by any means. Lots of handling marks. Some slight pitting and lose of blue on the left side where it laid for years. Lock up like new. Shoots great. Got it for $900. Not the best buy I have ever made but I think I could get my money back if need be. DOB 1969. DSC00038 [800x600].JPG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts