Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up for a decent price as I've been looking for some time. The barrel has a pin in the top of the frame appears it has a new or different barrel installed. What do you think is it OK to shoot or a logical explanation for this pin? I know it did not come from the factory that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Something just doesn't look right on this one. Besides the pin, the finish on the barrel and the frame look different.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In person the finish is consistant and both frame and barrel and E nickle for sure. I have 3 other E nickle and the finish is not really an issue but who knows. I rarely buy when I can't see in person but the pin was visable in the pictures I saw but overlooked it. My bad.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I don't think that the barrel is pinned.The bottom of the pin appears to be to high to engage the threads of the barrel.Having said that I have no answer as to why the pin is there.Just my observation.D*

·
Registered
382 Posts
maybe aftermarket or homemade scope ring mount kit that was removed, or maybe a cup holder was previously installed there. TIC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts