Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,356 Posts
This may have been discussed before but I shall say this in my opinion only a Python is a Python no matter when or who made it all the parts are hand fit. It is not a drop in piece so attention has to be administered to have the weapon function properly and precisely as it was designed to. So I don't care what it states on the barrel or when it was made the quality of the inner workmanship has to be to par. As for when it was made well remember one thing I don't know when exactly Colt began to forge the frames of these guns I believe they started to advertise this in the 1980's. I don't know if that is the same as the older ones but I am willing to put money on the fact that the metallurgy is better in the later years than the older ones. Now when it comes to finish I prefer the blue guns of the 1970's era due to in my opinion they were finished and richer looking. This is my opinion. I may be wrong but I try and buy guns from this era just for that reason as far as Pythons are concerned.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Yes, the elite was not produced long before they stopped production. Specially compared to the regular ones. I personally don't see any difference in the guns one way or another. They are all hand fit. The only difference I see is the word "Elite" added on the barrel. I also understand a collector may desire to own one for his collection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.