Colt Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
So I got ahold of Colt......FINALLY.....they are sending an RMA and my gun is getting taken care of. They stated it will be a fast turn around since they were just released. I told him these guns should’ve never been released looking like that...crickets. Lol
:) Bet they have not heard that one before! I feel bad for the leadership of the manufacturing/inspection/supply chain organization at Colt. They are NOT having a good last two weeks.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
So I got ahold of Colt......FINALLY.....they are sending an RMA and my gun is getting taken care of. They stated it will be a fast turn around since they were just released. I told him these guns should’ve never been released looking like that...crickets. Lol
Lucky you! I still have not been able to get to them on the phone. I even emailed Colt's sales manager with no response. Wanting to buy the 4.25" python but now I don't know.

:) Bet they have not heard that one before! I feel bad for the leadership of the manufacturing/inspection/supply chain organization at Colt. They are NOT having a good last two weeks.
They were a class act on the phone so lets see if they can deliver. I’m not too worked up and am willing for them to make it right. Mine is not as bad as the others but enough I want something done.

Lucky you! I still have not been able to get to them on the phone. I even emailed Colt's sales manager with no response. Wanting to buy the 4.25" python but now I don't know.
It was a pain in the ass getting ahold of them. I have a 1hr one way trip I had to make to Springfield MO this morning. I was successful getting through when I turned on my street coming back home. So 2hrs I’ve been trying! I have the automated menu memorized. Lol

Discussion starter · #45 ·
It was a pain in the ass getting ahold of them. I have a 1hr one way trip I had to make to Springfield MO this morning. I was successful getting through when I turned on my street coming back home. So 2hrs I’ve been trying! I have the automated menu memorized. Lol
I have been 1 to 2 hours on hold 3 times but never had the patience to stick it out. They should take a damn message and call you back. This is BS. Colt management obviously could give a crap.

I have been 1 to 2 hours on hold 3 times but never had the patience to stick it out. They should take a damn message and call you back. This is BS. Colt management obviously could give a crap.
100% agree. I initially had an issue with pressing #1 for customer service and it would go straight back to the repeated main menu. Did that for the first hour after they opened.

Believe me...I'm a big Colt fan and want the company to succeed. But...dare I say this...they should take a hint from Ruger when it comes to customer service. That alone could get them much good customer loyalty and equity.

Reactions: mafd2 and jluelf
I looked at all the new Pythons on Gun Broker last night that had pictures of the actual gun. Many showed the muzzle in a picture. Most showed this same shoddy workmanship. You can go and look for yourself. Very sad................. Actually, pride in workmanship left Colt decades ago.

On a positive note. This makes the punch holes in the Rampant Colt logo seem like, "No big deal".
Do we have any close-ups of 'Punch', the Rampant Colt? This got me thinking and I took close-ups of my 1954 (left) and 1970 logos. One curious thing that has probably been discussed ad infinitum, but I was unaware of, was Colt not just updating the logo, but changing it from a Mare to a Colt. It's all in the details.

Organism Drawing Asphalt Metal Horse

The Original Python prices are sinking like a stone.....not!

Hey, just having some fun. I shot mine today and it performed great, after just a slight rear sight adjustment.

The dots on my Colt logo are no big deal. Mine seems to be a winner, time will tell.

So far the problems seem to be cosmetic, hopefully Colt will get them ironed out soon. Best of luck to the guys waiting
for Colt to address their issues.

Now I am interested in adding a 4.25".....

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.