Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently "Come Into" an Excellent-Condition DS, Fourth Issue, Two-inch Barrel, Blue...NO Box or Paperwork, Colt-Logo'ed Pachmayr Rubber "Compac" Grips...The Gun "Locks Up" TIGHTLY and "Times" correctly, and is in about 98 or 99% Condition Cosmetically...What would be a FAIR Price for such a piece? Thanks in advance....mikey357

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I'd say the $550 sounds about right based upon your description. I've seen them go for more even over $650,but depends on where you sell it. If on gunbroker,you might get more than $650,If you go to a gun store like say Cabellas,you might get $300 for it.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
The Fourth Issue came about when Colt decided to use up a last remaining stockpile of DS frames laying around.
Touted as a "re-introduction" after the Thirds had been discontinued, it didn't last long & didn't involve large numbers of guns before being replaced in Colt's line-up by the newer actions.
Denis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Fourth Issue came about when Colt decided to use up a last remaining stockpile of DS frames laying around.
Touted as a "re-introduction" after the Thirds had been discontinued, it didn't last long & didn't involve large numbers of guns before being replaced in Colt's line-up by the newer actions.
Denis
Gee, so they're kinda' "Rare", huh? Or maybe "Uncommon" would be a better description?... :) ....mikey357

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Maybe uncommon.
Certainly lesser numbers than previous DS iterations. :)
No greater value attaches though.
Denis

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Also in the parts cleanup were some Cobras and Vipers ,both using a rubber grip frame with open backstrap and silver Colt medallions. These last D frames lacked the anti glare top strap serrations,and were left smooth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts