Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Never met a gun I didn’t like!
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wondering about the advisability of posting photographs of our weapons, especially showing serial numbers. Many seem to be doing it. I have. Should this website be monitored or hacked, wouldn’t it give our friends in the lettered agency the ability to track our inventory. This would be especially bad for those items that are not papered. I would be interested in hearing other opinions. Am I just being paranoid?

Regards
Gunslinger 48

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I am wondering about the advisability of posting photographs of our weapons, especially showing serial numbers. Many seem to be doing it. Should this website be monitored or hacked, wouldn’t it give our friends in the lettered agency the ability to track our inventory. This would be especially bad for those items that are not papered. I would be interested in hearing other opinions. Am I just being paranoid?

Regards
Gunslinger 48
if you want the images to appear on pinterest, post away. you are not being paranoid.
regards, bro

·
Premium Member
5,597 Posts
I am wondering about the advisability of posting photographs of our weapons, especially showing serial numbers. Many seem to be doing it. I have. Should this website be monitored or hacked, wouldn’t it give our friends in the lettered agency the ability to track our inventory. This would be especially bad for those items that are not papered. I would be interested in hearing other opinions. Am I just being paranoid?

Regards
Gunslinger 48
I don't worry about it. The rouge agency's could just as easily hack into our insurance records.

·
Premium Member
5,597 Posts
hello, sir, yes, there is some safety in sheer numbers. almost everybody who can does have some kind of protection remember chuck heston.
I don't email my itemized guns to the insurer, b/c that may be "asking for it". So I mail them a hard copy. And that is what they recommend too, for security reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
There are more guns than people in the United States. As a retired FeeBee, I can say any agency you’re worried about will just assume you have guns.

Of course they could always go to a forum like this, search “boating accidents” and start there.
hello, septic tanks are more available and more repugnant to unauthorized personell. doesn't matter, if you have no projectiles, your dog won't hunt anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts