Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am trying to find some imitation ivory grips for my New Frontier .22. I am hoping someone can tell me if these will fit, the description says Colt Scout and Frontier, so I am not sure.
Gun Grip - COLT SCOUT & FRONTIER GRIPS
I have also looked at Eagle Grips and am considering the rosewood ones they offer, as their imitation Ivory grips are a bit pricey. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.:)
-Mike

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
To myself, the Jay Scott stocks look really good compared to Gun grip. The Jay Scott company was bought by Colt in the early 70's and made quality stocks until the mid-80's. You could get wood, white and black pearl and imitation ivory. You have to find these on the used market but these range in price from $15 to $50.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Here is what the Jay Scott's look like on a Frontier Scout. I'm happy with them even being a huge fan of ivory but can't justify $600 grips on a $500 pistol. These were $20.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
WARNING ABOUT 'EAGLE" ULTRA IVORY STOCKS : ALL three sets I bought broke through the screw holes. The owner of the company, a lier of profound proportion, has never replaced a single set of 'em after after my five years of trying to get this resolved; THEY ARE CROOKS and I can prove it.
ADDITION; Furthermore they owe a LOT of money for unpaid for advertising they did over the years. YOU'VE been warned !!!
THEY ARE CROOKS !!

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Over the last 30 years my experience with Eagle Grips (going back to when they were Art Jewel Enterprises) has been very positive. Just my experience.

·
Registered
204 Posts
THEY ARE CROOKS and I can prove it.
YOU'VE been warned !!!
THEY ARE CROOKS !!
Where's all that 'proof' you've been spouting off about? You have made some serious accusations on a public forum. It's only fair that you back up these claims and accusations, on the same public forum. Either that, or delete and just STFU.......

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Don't let your 'mouth overload your a$$hole', go ahead and PROVE IT then........
HOW WOULD YOU SUGGEST I DO THAT,SEND YOU THE BROKEN STOCKS THAT WERE RETURNED FOR REPLACEMENT SEVERAL YEARS AGO ?? They are crooks in the industry, are KNOWN to be shysters, and owe a LOT of money for advertising for which they never paid also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would suggest keeping your big mouth shut. The way you run it, you gotta be one badly constipated SOB, by now. But it IS, just as I suspected. You shoot that big mouth off about 'and I can prove it', and yet all this time later, you've shown not ONE shred of proof. You say they've stiffed on advertising? PROVE IT!, don't just mouth off about it. Known to be shysters? By someone, anyone, other than big-mouth, little ol' you?......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts