Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

my name is Matthias and I´ve already looked into existing threads but somehow could not find all the details I was looking for..

I´m living in the south of Germany and people here don´t really appreciate the different Colt models or differences between other brands at all.
Mostly I guess this is because we´ve very restrictive laws for gun posession so the market isn´t very big anyhow.

Probably this is the reason why I could buy a Colt Python with 3-inch barrel for a reasonable price. The guy told me that some collectors are looking for this model but at that point of time I didn´t pay much attention to it. Then I started investigating the Colt Python Combat and also applied for the Archive Letter from Colt.

They confirmed me that my Python was already originally equipped with the 3-inch barrel. However it´s not engraved with the "Combat" wording but just the normal "Python, etc".
The gun was shipped to Germany in 1983 with a Kxxxxx serial number.

Now, I´m thinking about selling it in the US but the expected pricings vary a lot from what I can read.

Can you guys give me an idea of the reasonable price range this gun could reach in the US?
Of course for your consideration you can assume I make the gun available in the US with shipping and customs clearance already happened.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

Matt

·
Premium Member
21,826 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! I think many of the Colt production run 3" Pythons were in the K series. I have a blued one that falls in that range.
The prices seem to elevate almost monthly here in the USA as collectors get very serious about finding a 3" Python before they are all in the hands of collectors who will be reluctant to ever sell them. At the same time, many people in the USA seem to be buying them as investments and are trying to turn a quick profit.
My best guess on a blued 3" Python in the K series in excellent condition would be in the $4000-$5000 range and continuing to rise. Let's see what some of the 'real' Python collectors have to say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.