Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in to make my last payment on my Trooper and I find a curious pistol on display.

Combat Delta 10

What can you guys tell me about these? Is this case original?

They are holding it for me for a few days till I make up my mind. I also have to go back and see if the shiny spots on the slide are reflections or wear.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've seen these occasionally and from what I remember, this example looks legit and the box is correct too. Judging by the pics, I suspect those shiny spots are wear. Back in the day Colt made all kinds of special editions to promote the Delta Elite and the 10mm Auto and this is one of them.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yes the case is original but I don't know for sure if the gun is but even if it wasn't if I was you i'd still be interested depending on the price. what are they asking for it?

·
Registered
622 Posts
The places on the slide appear to be wear, where the slide is rubbing the dust cover.

Re: the price, I think thats a "real world" price, and if I wanted a Delta, I'd buy it.

You can always have the slide or receiver corrected, so it doesn't rub. If your a collecter, have the receiver corrected. Thats probably the easiest way to go, but you'll probably want to re-blue the slide anyway...........I would.

Nice gun, ..10's like that, are really somewhat rare, and worth every penny, with their down range ballistics........

Myself, I have an earlier Blue Delta that has become my favorite target and woods pistol......

Mine is very much modified with a fitted slide/to receiver, a KART barrel, Champion adj sights, and a lot of work to the recoil & fire control system......It is no longer a series 80 type pistol.

Tom

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I'd buy it for sure.
With that said I've seen a pair of pistols listed someplace that was a Delta Elite and a Combat Elite that apparrantly were shipped that way from Colt.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seems like a good price, I'd be really tempted myself.
Although I remember back in the day, when in production, you could not
give a Delta 10 away. How times have changed...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I don't know about that. I paid 700 bucks for my Delta Gold Cup when I bought it new. I wish someone had given it to me. Best 700 I ever spent.

Seems like a good price, I'd be really tempted myself.
Although I remember back in the day, when in production, you could not
give a Delta 10 away. How times have changed...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Colt Custom Shop production - I believe it was 300 or 400 produced. If you collect 10mm it's a great gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts