Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full disclosure - as a retired scientist, I used lab books to document the results of lab experiments, etc. So, being very comfortable with documenting my work, I have also been documenting my gun ownership. Every gun I shoot has its own logbook documenting the rounds fired, reloading results, groups sizes and any other gun specific shooting observations as well as maintenance.

BBACF08F-F3CD-4BE8-9375-298586AF5289.jpg

Do you do something similar?

·
Registered
714 Posts
No sir. Logging my results at the range will only remind me of my poor performance and will somewhat let me know how much money I spend on ammo. Not interested.

I only log their model info, condition, accessories, how much I paid, and approx market value. Just in case my kids need a starting point if I die.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Not nearly as detailed as yours, but when I go to the range I note which guns were shot, how many rounds and with what ammo (usually my reloads). I think it's good to have an accurate round count.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
I keep no logs on the amount of ammo through each of my firearms.

But...I do keep an constantly updated spreadsheet on the amounts of ammo I gather and use.

They're just expensive bricks if you don't have the ammo to feed 'em...and that IS their game plan.

:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sublimert70 like you ever pistol, revolver, and rifle i own, reload for, and shoot has it’s own book. Documenting the group, caliber, bullet brand and weight. Powder brand and charge, brand of brass and primer, OAL, data source. Weapon brand, barrel lenght along with the date i shoot it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Full disclosure - as a retired scientist, I used lab books to document the results of lab experiments, etc. So, being very comfortable with documenting my work, I have also been documenting my gun ownership. Every gun I shoot has its own logbook documenting the rounds fired, reloading results, groups sizes and any other gun specific shooting observations as well as maintenance.

View attachment 660259

Do you do something similar?
Unfortunately, no I do not.
I do, however, admire your dedication!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I log all my range sessions.
It's interesting to look back when it all started for me.
I don't reload but I take note of basics and other variables. I also file pictures of the holey parchments. LOL

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Now I do admit to having paper receipts for every gun, accessory, work or other money spent on the gun.....but not ammo. When a gun is traded, that paperwork is transferred to the new gun’s accounting file.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts