Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Since my friend Kid Sopris said pretty much what I was going to say, I deleted my post.

However, I gotta say this. That's some of the strangest looking saddle leather I've ever seen.

Like Kid said, you can do better.

Bud
.... and besides, that ain't no cowboy advertising that rig. A real cowboy wouldn't be caught dead without a belt to hold up his britches.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hey there Bob,

......... and that "leather" they're making them out of must be from their Premium Chinese Cows, wouldn't ya think?

Bud

They probably went with Triple-K because their normal Chinese maker was too busy churning out other over-priced 'stuff' for them.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Kinda makes those old leather rigs made by 'Viking' down in Mexico look pretty good by comparison.

The Chinese 'know' they've got us over a barrel when they're supplying that staunch bastion of Americanism with cheesy 'NRA branded' junk, and making American flags by the boatload for our parades.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's a lot of criticism. Whatever company made it, they attached the cartridge loop 'the hard way' vs the slots that Bianchi and Heiser and Safariland used, so they put in the hard yards. The leather is pre-finished, nothing wrong with that; which leads the thread to be a bright white that some don't like. Certainly it's better than a Viking and the Chinese wouldn't have known how to do a holster maker's backtack at the top of the welt.

One could do better by buying, say, one from El Paso Saddlery; though the one set I had was no better than what I see in the pics in your link. But in the end, we all just make holster sets, they're not art. I'd have one of these, it's just not an old Andy Anderson.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The Chinese 'know' they've got us over a barrel when they're supplying that staunch bastion of Americanism with cheesy 'NRA branded' junk, and making American flags by the boatload for our parades.
The Chinese are merely offering a product for sale. You don't have to buy it just because it's stamped NRA.

Rio

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I like the NRA belt and holster it would go great with my Colt SAA NRA Centennial. I'm not looking to buy right now but I might in the near future. It's not an El Paso rig but it's not bad either and it's made in the USA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts