Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a brand new 1984 Kit Carson Commemorative unfired in the box... But something I think is really special or rare about it.... The serial number is KCC GAS0 which I have been told was given to the president of Colt Industries George A. Strichman at the time... I have been told these are very rare pre series issues almost always kept by Colt...Any thoughts about this and value?

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
I would probably get a Letter for that Gun from Colt Archives..That will answer few of your questions without speculation.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
In the Colt Archives auctions in 2009, there was a Kit Carson commemorative with serial number KCCGWFPE. There was a tag on the gun with the following inscription "Gary W. French President's Edition". Gary W. French was president of Colt from 1981 to 1990. The Kit Carson commemorative was issued by Colt in 1984. There is a list of Colt presidents on page 378 of John Ogle's book "The Book of Colt Paper 1834-2011" (Blue Book Publications, 2011). All of the Colt guns in that auction came with Archive letters as documentation.
George A. Strichman is not on the list of Colt presidents. I don't know what to say about that but an Archive letter may shed some light on it.

- - Buckspen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts