Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,I finally pulled the trigger on a LE6920 for what I thought was a good price.The sku number is LE6920MPB-79562, with all the talk I've seen on different posts About roll marks and such. I'm asking if anyone has bought the same firearm , what model is it?A sporter model with sp or sporter name on it or the LE mark.I know it's the same gun only the marking are different ,but I was curious of what is on them.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the same LE6920. It has the LE stamp in front of the SN. It is stamped M4 Carbine. The MPB is abreviation for mag pul black as it has the magpul adjustable rear stock forestock and flip up sight. Mine came with one 30 round magpul magazine and a detachable fore grip. I added a BCM gunfighter charging handle to mine and have really liked it so far. Have a blast with it !!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Congrats, don't forget to post pictures when you finally get it.

I don't have that particular Magpul model, I have the standard "M4 Carbine" and "Sporter M4 Carbine" marked carbines, but I had seen and looked at them closely at my local gun shop.

Most model LE6920MPB I've seen at my favorite shop this year are marked with "M4 Carbine" and as said before they had the prefix "LE" before the serial numbers.

There is only one similar but not the same model LE6920CMP-B which are California compliant models, they have the "SP" serial number prefix and equipped with a different magazine release button which are called Bullet Button, it cannot be depressed by the finger, a tool or bullet tip have to be used on the release button to eject the mag.

The Colt Magpul MOE models was first released in 2012 and are shown in Colt's 2012 catalog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got two California model LE6920CMPB's (bought a couple of months ago), but do not see the "SP" prefix that you mention. Serial #'s start with "LE". Mine are 2013 models, maybe that's the difference?

It does have the stupid bullet button, though, in the interest of public safety, of course. :bang_wall:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I've got two California model LE6920CMPB's (bought a couple of months ago), but do not see the "SP" prefix that you mention. Serial #'s start with "LE". Mine are 2013 models, maybe that's the difference?

It does have the stupid bullet button, though, in the interest of public safety, of course. :bang_wall:
It doesn't surprise me that they use different markings, what I've seen were the 2012 models at my local gun shop, as what the factory done before they use whatever lowers they have on hand.

Just like the Colt Mfg. Co. and Colt Defense markings, sometimes commercial Match Target models have the Colt Defense marks and some police models have Colt Mfg. on them.

By the way what is the marking on your LE prefix carbines, Colt Defense or Colt Mfg.?

I lived and worked in the So. Cal. for about 20 years but when they passed their assault weapons ban of 2000 I moved out on Dec. '99 because I have too many evil rifles, also the job market was getting worst so I moved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both of mine say "Colt Defense".

I need to leave this place and move to TX where my parents are and experience some freedom. I hate California, but my job is here, so I am here. However, if it gets any worse, I may just up and leave and figure things out later.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

Here's my Colt model 6721 (not a LE6920MP) with a two point sling made by Viking Tactics.

I recently got this model aIso. I am thinking of adding a rifle strap to carry it easier. Any brand or model you have or recommend?

I would highly recommend a Viking Tactics two point sling model VTAC, either the non padded or padded version it's up to you, it have quick adjustable strap and when tightened to the body it stays snug and does not slip loose, also could be used as a shooting support when snug on the support shooting arm.

My sling shown is actually a LaRue Tactical version with built-in heavy duty push button quick release sling swivel at the front, the standard Viking Tactics slings does not have the swivels and side release buckle but it could be purchased separately from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.