Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to get a Colt 9mm carbine for years, but never got around to doing so. I saw this NIB Colt 6951 ( 2013) configuration for sale that has both the hammer and trigger pins in the white. Anyone know
what this indicates?

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Is it for sale from a dealer or private party? Pictures would help immensely. Not sure what is meant by the hammer and trigger pins in the white.......

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Interesting you noticed that. I have one from the same era 2012-2014, can’t remember exactly...it was shipped directly from Colt to my transfer FFL. I just noticed last week those pins were silver, or properly “in the white”. So I can say with confidence that is how they shipped. Have not shot it yet but that’s why I was digging it out. Of course being a Connecticut guy I have to keep it in another state.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
The pins are left in the white on my 9mm Carbine. It must just be how Colt does them.

Reactions: Coltsformysons

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had seen some of those silver finished fire control pins that are stainless steel which some are using to customize their AR.

Some stainless pins are available in oversized 0.1555" diameter to tighten the free play of match target competition triggers or be used on worn receivers with oversized holes.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
They are probably stainless pins. 9mm can be pretty hard on a AR lower if it isn't set up properly...ramped carrier, correct hammer, etc. There are lots of stories of hammer pin holes becoming egg-shaped and the pins bending and breaking. Stainless pins were one fix for breakage.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Are these carbines in 9mm worth it? I was thinking about getting one at some point, after I move in a few months.
Any pro's or con's about these? I know the original Colt mags are around $50.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
You can buy Brownell's magazines for a good bit less than genuine Colt...and they work.

I have the Colt 9mm Carbine and found it for a decent price at a gun show. My prime AR-platform pistol caliber carbine is an Olympic Arms in .45ACP...I've had it for over twenty-five years. It's not up to the fit and finish of a Colt but it's completely reliable and more accurate than I can hold. I've thought about buying a 10mm upper from OlyArms for it but haven't been really moved on it.

I bought the Colt simply because I wanted a Colt. While I know it's not going to happen I would sure love to see Colt put out a .45ACP and a 10mm version of the carbine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies! I did some research and those pins are stainless steel which are stronger than the regular pins. The 9mm action is hard on the regular pins. The Colt 9mm I was looking at was on Gun Broker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts