Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the names are the .32 Colt short and .32 S&W short cartridges the same thing?

Can a Pocket Positive marked for one shoot the other?

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I don't think so. The .32 S&W Short is just a shorter version of the .32 S&W Long which is essentially the same as the .32 Colt New Police.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colt aparently the case diameters are different. Unfortunately I don't know much about these older calibres.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I think Winchester was still loading the .32 Colt Short until very recently. You may be able to locate a box with some checking around. Good luck.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,511 Posts
Apart from the names are the .32 Colt short and .32 S&W short cartridges the same thing?

Can a Pocket Positive marked for one shoot the other?
If your gun is marked .32 Police Ctg. (.32 S&W) then it will handle the .32 Colt as well. However if it is marked .32 Colt then you should not try to shoot the .32 S&W in it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
32 Colt cartridges fired in the 32 Police chamber may very well split the case. At the very least they will swell and become useless for reloading. I have Positives in both chamberings and take care to use only the proper cartridges in them. Be safe!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts