Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at a couple 4" sts pythons and both of them seem to have fitment with the side plate. The gaps seem larger and the bottom portion of the plates almost seem to have been forced in. My 6" sts does not exhibit this, nor do any of my blued pythons. Is this pretty standard for an 80's sts gun, or a sign that they have seen better days? BTW this is the only place on both of these pistols that looks "off", the remainder of both revolvers looked immaculant.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I have looked at a couple 4" sts pythons and both of them seem to have fitment with the side plate. The gaps seem larger and the bottom portion of the plates almost seem to have been forced in. My 6" sts does not exhibit this, nor do any of my blued pythons. Is this pretty standard for an 80's sts gun, or a sign that they have seen better days? BTW this is the only place on both of these pistols that looks "off", the remainder of both revolvers looked immaculant.
You sure a prior owner didn't try to "fix it" by exposing the innards or worse attempting to disassemble the gun? Never heard of loose or ill-fitting Pythons, especially the side plate. Sounds odd..... I wouldn't buy either without a thorugh check on that.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have a 4in stainless made in 84, no such probs. on mine. I havent looked at others with that in mind, I guess now I will be on the lookout. I agree with gvf made be some bubba mess going on:confused:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Not on my 4 inch stainless python.

Why do you think after seeing " a couple" stainless pythons with possibly messed with side plates that this is indicitive on an entire decade?

I would not come to that conclusion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts