1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Who is selling it has a lot to do with price on a high end piece like this. The second one is a consignment gun so that will also have a bearing on the asking price. I don't like either one and would be hard pressed to pay $2000 for either if I had to keep it. JMO D*

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What don’t you like? They are both unfired factory engraved.

You can’t even buy an unfired plain nickel for $2000. What is your reasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Who is selling it has a lot to do with price on a high end piece like this. The second one is a consignment gun so that will also have a bearing on the asking price. I don't like either one and would be hard pressed to pay $2000 for either if I had to keep it. JMO D*
I agree with d.a.r.y.l. ... I like engraving, but not those two. They just don't look right to me.

·
Premium Member
20,523 Posts
Engraving looks pretty good on both Pythons although the pictures are not clear on the 1st Python. They should both be worth about $5K (based on engraving and condition only) with the one that originally came from the factory, engraved, being worth more by at least 10-20%. Just my opinion. Guns that get sent back to factory for engraving do not usually have as much value as ones that were originally factory engraved (quality of engraving being equal).

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
What don’t you like? They are both unfired factory engraved.

You can’t even buy an unfired plain nickel for $2000. What is your reasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of engraving on any gun for the most part. As far as I'm concerned the originality is lost when a gun has been engraved regardless of the engraver. JMO D*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts