Colt Forum banner

Which would you choose in the Deep Woods ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are headed into the deep woods known to have lions, tigers and bears..You ONLY have two choices for a Handgun..No others..

Which would you choose ?

A Colt Single Action Army chambered in .44 Special ?

or

A Colt Delta Elete in 10 MM ?

No reason...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would choose the 10mm first but I have two hands so why not both guns:cool: I really like my reload of a 165 grain Speer Gold dot hollow point in my Colt 10mm. It's defintly more powerful than my 44 special load.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well since there was no restrictions on ammo , I'll take the SAA with some classic Elmer Keith .44 special handloads. A 250gr hard-cast SWC (Lyman 429421), over an appropriate amount of 2400 or Blue Dot to make 900-1000fps.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
While I understand the argument of the SAA being the classic hand gun, I also think that the 1911 deserves it’s own classical reputation after 108 years on the job. I pick the Delta because I think it’s cool, and it’ll get it done.

Tom

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Not on the list of platforms...but in my arsenal and caliber is covered:

RIA Ultra FS HC Series 70 1911a2 10mm

16+1 Griz Killers

Loaded with Underwood 10mm Auto 220 Grain Hard Cast Flat Nose

Specs

Caliber: 10mm Auto
Bullet Weight: 220 Grains
Bullet Style: Hi-Tek Coated Hard Cast Flat Nose {21 BHN}
Case Type: Ducta-Bright 7a Nickel Plated Brass

Ballistics Information

Muzzle Velocity: 1200 fps
Muzzle Energy: 703 ft lbs

:cool:

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
The Colt Delta Elite has an unsupported chamber due to the failure to use a barrel with an integral feed ramp...as does the Glock 20SF...which under the stress of high pressure loads can bulge cases or worst.

Non Integral Feed Ramp Barrel Unsupported Chamber ...... Integral Feed Ramp Barrel Supported Chamber

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I love my SActions but in the interest of staying alive,I want the semi auto.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I already have a NF in 44 Spec. Might as well choose something I don't have...as long as it's free :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts