Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R. Walter,
Weapon may not be a good term to use in this day and age on an open forum, try Firearm, Revolver or maybe just HandGun.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R. Walter:
Depending on my actual inspection of the weapon and whether it has the original wood Colt stocks and age of weapon, etc.....

I would consider paying in the $325 - $400 range. I know this is a bit of a gap, but, again, need to narrow down the gun a little first.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
124 Posts
The revolver was never offered with Pachmayr grips. They likely came off a Python, if the medallion is gold.

I consider myself lucky to have found one in similar condition, but with the correct, fully checkered factory wood target grips for $385. Most in the Denver area go for quite a bit more ($450 and up).

The lack of correct grips makes a big difference in resale, however, because the grips alone sell for $60 to well over $100, depending on condition, and are not easy to find. (Trust me, I have been looking...)

If you really want it, I would offer $325 because of the grip issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let me see.... firearms, rifles, shotguns, knives, pistols, handguns, revolvers, semi-autos, full-autos, clubs, baseball bats, hand grenades, piano wire, machine guns......

Aren't these all just different categories of WEAPONS?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R. Walter,
Have it your way, I guess they can be what ever you want them to be. I'm just trying to be civil and if you want to call them that or use them as such so be it.

Ever wonder why Ruger called there Mini-14 a Ranch Rifle ? if not I guess you wont get what I'm talking about.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R. Walter:

Let me see.... firearms, rifles, shotguns, knives, pistols, handguns, revolvers, semi-autos, full-autos, clubs, baseball bats, hand grenades, piano wire, machine guns......

Aren't these all just different categories of WEAPONS?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need a little advice from the knowledgeable members of this site. What would be a fair price for an Officers Match revolver in .38 Special, excellent condition, at least 95% of the blueing, with very tight lock-up? Appears to be fired very little and well cared for. No box, no papers. Also, was this revolver ever issued from the factory with rubber, Pachmayr grips with the Colt medallion present? Thank you in advance for whatever information you can provide

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
R. Walter,
I think Ira Paine was just trying to inform you that the anti crowd is looking for us to use the term weapon. Weapon defines the object as using it in a violent situation. We also use them for many other purposes. Most try not to fuel the fires the anti's start.
Please don't take this as criticism, just information.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Depending on my actual inspection of the weapon and whether it has the original wood Colt stocks and age of weapon, etc.....

I would consider paying in the $325 - $400 range. I know this is a bit of a gap, but, again, need to narrow down the gun a little first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To all who replied:
Thank you for the information provided. The piece I am looking at does not have the wood grips so I will take that into account if it is still available. I became interested as I am looking for a niece .38 Special revolver to use in introducing handgunning to a couple of younger family members and do NOT like to use .38's in my .357's. This OM would also look nice next to my Colt .357 Model. Action is ever so nice.
Thanks again.
danp

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mr. Paine and Majic,

This will be the last I post on this topic, but I really am kind of curious and maybe you can help me.

There are innumerable references in this forum and other gun forums [specifically, the S&W Forum to which at least one of you is an active participant]to use of firearms for defense, concealed carry, hunting and so on. The anti's abound in even these subsets. For instance, the anti hunting crowd continually lurks around every tree hoping to advance its agenda.

I am not aware of any forum administrative edict(s) which seek to limit discussions centered around these areas, i.e. hunting, concealed carry, etc., [or, perhaps to put it more politically correct... browsing in the meat section of the Gila Wilderness,] let alone suggestions to spin certain definitions.

So, why the concern about a "weapon vs. a firearm" when there is mucho macho writing in these forums about which uh... firearm... and which load is best for defending one's home and which is optimal for concealed carry for unexpected "bad guy" encounters ad infinitum?

Just curious.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr. R. Walter,
If you don't understand or "get" what Mr. Majic, Mr. Ruger, and I are trying to say no one can help you. Your on your own. I don't have a problem with it. As I've said have it your way. IP

Mr. Paine and Majic,

This will be the last I post on this topic, but I really am kind of curious and maybe you can help me.

There are innumerable references in this forum and other gun forums [specifically, the S&W Forum to which at least one of you is an active participant]to use of firearms for defense, concealed carry, hunting and so on. The anti's abound in even these subsets. For instance, the anti hunting crowd continually lurks around every tree hoping to advance its agenda.

I am not aware of any forum administrative edict(s) which seek to limit discussions centered around these areas, i.e. hunting, concealed carry, etc., [or, perhaps to put it more politically correct... browsing in the meat section of the Gila Wilderness,] let alone suggestions to spin certain definitions.

So, why the concern about a "weapon vs. a firearm" when there is mucho macho writing in these forums about which uh... firearm... and which load is best for defending one's home and which is optimal for concealed carry for unexpected "bad guy" encounters ad infinitum?

Just curious.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts