Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded for an Officers Model Match in 22cal.L/R,with serial number 825xx. The blueing is 98%, the grips are colt targets with minor scuff marks, the bore is excellent and the lock-up and timing appear to be excellent. It came with the proper box with the serial number penciled on the box -- box is "not" in good shape.

My questions are this, (1)can someone tell me approximately when it was made and (2)given the above information what would the approximate value of gun & box be?

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
i get 1964 if i am looking correctly. ball park value 300-450.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the quick reply and the DOB seems right, but I was hoping for a better "value" given the condition of the revolver and having the box. I know not to trust the Blue Book for values, but it does give a much higher value for a 98% OMM!!

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
price is just my opinion, and not intended to offend.remember i have not even seen the gun.i would suggest a search of www.auctionarms.com for CLOSED auctions for a simular gun.i have found this to be the best indication of current market price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gificdux1, no offense was taken -- just felt that value would be higher.

By the way, I did check "action arms", "gunbroker", and "gunsamerica" in addition to the BlueBook etc...Values seem to be "all over the board".

I was hoping that someone on this board that is a Colt collector, and has bought/sold this model could give an opinoin on the value.

icdux1, I really do appreciate your feedback and hope I did not offend you with my reply.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Don

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Don; have seen 2 of these models in about the shape you describe get sold in the last 2 months. A .38,with a nice box,for $475,and a virtually mint 22.,no box, for $495. Seems 'bout right for my area; N. New England.

The really nice PRE Wars,with "scarce" bbl. lengths,custom features,stocks,.32 cals.,etc. will bring in excess of $500.

Bud

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

icdux1, I really do appreciate your feedback and hope I did not offend you with my reply.
Don

[/ QUOTE ]no offense taken,i am a collector although a poor one!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
907 Posts
I recently sold a .22 OMM, no box, tight action, reblued , for $450. So based on that, yours would be worth more in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I recently sold a .22 OMM, no box, tight action, reblued , for $450. So based on that, yours would be worth more in my neck of the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bushwacker, what part of the country is your "neck of the woods"?? Just want to get a better idea of the value of my OMM. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
907 Posts
Northern Minnesota. Keep in mind that the buyer wanted a 1st class shooter, and this one was as accurate as any .22 I have ever owned. I only sold it with the intention of replacing it with an earlier model (w/full checkered stocks) and original finish. Still looking... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts