Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For CCA members in the know-(website a little light on details on 2020 Scottsdale show)--
What can I expect?

Thursday Oct 1-Sunday Oct 4.

What goes on each day?
Which days are members-only?
Are sales allowed?
Website mentioned possible Auction?
Do people meet for dinner?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Hi. I assume 2020 will be very similar to prior shows as the format seems to be a good one. Tables are available for trade as well as judged displays. Thursday setup with members viewing on Thursday. Showroom open for members early on Friday, Saturday with
public allowed in later. Local tours arranged both days. Friday evening reception &dinner for members and guests. Also a couple of topical seminars. Saturday judging of displays with lively auction before dinner and awards presentation. If you can, you should try to go; you will see Colts and related material which you may never see anywhere else. Hope this helps.

P.S. Nice ‘vette!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Thursdays they normally have some tours available, this year it was to the Texas Rangers Museum , and Friday my wife went on a tour of Dallas. It is like a nice gun show but + 10 on Colt overload, no junk just all awesome Colt stuff. The auction Saturday night can be very interesting and you might seem some unique and rare stuff, bring your check or credit card! I have been a CCA member since the late 90's but I have only been to the last two years shows.

go you will have a great time !

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for replies gentlemen !

So if I don't have a table, Thursday viewing in p.m.- after others set up- is still worthwhile then? Trying to make my time requested off work most effective...

Also, it seems from website- joining is Paypal only (not gonna happen) - is there another way?
And you have to pay each January for each calendar year(unless Life Member)?

·
The Consummate Collector
6,527 Posts
Thanks for replies gentlemen !

So if I don't have a table, Thursday viewing in p.m.- after others set up- is still worthwhile then? Trying to make my time requested off work most effective...

Also, it seems from website- joining is Paypal only (not gonna happen) - is there another way?
And you have to pay each January for each calendar year(unless Life Member)?
Thanks for your interest in joining CCA. As a long time member who attends the show each year I can assure you that you will enjoy the show if you like Colt's. It is a 100% Colt only show where you will be able to buy, sell and trade Colts as well as attend the dinners, seminars, tours and gun displays. CCA has a new secretary as of last month and her name is Diane Layson. I just spoke with her about your questions and she said that you could send in a check for your membership. The cost for one year is $50 and well worth the money as the quarterly magazine is 2nd to none. You can call her with any questions at: 859-551-8659 or e-mail her at: colt [email protected].

The web site will be updated with her contact information in the new future. I asked her about the membership ending at the end of the year and she is going to get back to me on that issue. She said that you do receive a full years membership no matter when you join. When I get clarification I will post it here. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Thanks Cam, I have never paid via PayPal, and have always sent a check in, but I wasn't sure if they had changed things.

Craig

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Cam!
Mailing a check is ideal.

Sounds like I should try to get all 4 days of Show off, if possible....

·
The Consummate Collector
6,527 Posts
Thanks, Cam!
Mailing a check is ideal.

Sounds like I should try to get all 4 days of Show off, if possible....
If you have any questions, address etc. please give Diane a call and I know she will assist. She just took over the Secretary position so is still learning the job but will get the answers for you. I hope you will attend some of the shows in the future and please look me up so I can welcome you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts