Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this one up. It is serial number 755639 and I think it's a pre war. I find conflicting build dates on this one.
I need to verify the date of birth, and if the grips are right (I think they are later) and if the hammer is an add on?
The action is as slick as cat poop in Linoleum, can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I just picked this one up. It is serial number 755639 and I think it's a pre war. I find conflicting build dates on this one.
I need to verify the date of birth, and if the grips are right (I think they are later) and if the hammer is an add on?
The action is as slick as cat poop in Linoleum, can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.
The target stocks are post-war, correct for an OMM.

Factory correct stocks would be the early red-swirled, non-shrinking Coltwood service stocks.

The .38 cal. OMT serial numbers run concurrent with the Army Special and then the OP numbers. Your revolver would date to 1947. The OMT was produced into 1949.

The hammer is not factory original.

Nice revolver!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
well even with the few modifications and what i think is the best grips for shooting it....looks like it is very nice....i miss my pre war OP 22 ....these are great old guns...grips are very sought after too.......that was someone pride and joy .....very well done indeed.....God bless,John

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That is the most descriptive and most accurate way of portraying the action on these revolvers. I couldn't agree more!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts