Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a colt le6920 with the serial number starting with cr. I have also been soing some research and finding out that my upper receiver might not be made by colt as well. Cant really find much on the forge markings on it with it being a c and an a on it. I have attached pictures. Anyone that knows please let me know, as I have put a lot of money into this gun. Thanks colt5.jpg colt3.jpg colt m4.jpg colt6.jpg colt1.jpg

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
upper , lower , BCG all colt
what is stamped on barrel / c/mpc or a cage code of numbers . if it 's colt barrel it should have a date right behind the front sight on barrel (like this 7/19 ) just for reference
the hand guards have been swapped out / not colt

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,656 Posts
The "A" on the upper is actually known as the "Splintered A". It's the mark of Anchor Harvey Aluminum, the company that made the raw forging.

Colt, like almost all other AR makers buy raw forgings from various forging companies and do all the machining to finish them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the handguard from the original t ok a giessele. So all the markings on my gun in all the ones I have in the pics are starting that it is a real colt correct?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Your upper seems like an older model when the letter "C" is sticking out which was made when it was forged, they were common on uppers made before 2005.

In and after 2005 the letter "C" was stamped into the upper, currently they use the Colt Defense cage code of 13629 but they're not consistent sometimes they're blank.

Check the marking on top of your barrel between the front sight and muzzle, it should be "C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7", currently the letter C are now cage code 13629.

If your barrel have the C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 it is a genuine Colt barrel and they are all chrome lined, mil-spec steel grade barrel.

The letter M means magnetic particle tested and the letter P means high pressure test per mil-spec.

5.56 NATO is the chamber and 1/7 is rifling twist.

Also check the left side of your bolt carrier, it should have a letter C.

If all these markings are there, it should be a genuine Colt firearm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts