Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired my first Colt Single Action Army, and I have a question about the manufacture date. I know it's new, but not sure exactly what year; 2019, 2020, 2021? The serial number is S88168A. I checked the serial number listing on Colt's site, but it's not there. Any help would be appreciated.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Natural material Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here. Fine looking SAA. Enjoy !! 👍👍

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Now all the Colt new production guns come with a silver hang tag on the trigger, and the QR code will tell the exact day,month, year of production.
calling Colts customer service with the serial, and they will tell you the year of production For free. Sometimes they tell the month and year. Usually, they won’t tell the exact day, but if you would like to know, purchasing a Colt letter through the archives dept will tell you all pertinent info, Most folks don’t opt for a Colt letter on a current production where the box label proves the original factory configuration normally and not considered “collectible“ yet.
very common that a serial number doesn’t show up on their internet lookup tool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts