Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R.L. Wilson \"Colt: An American Legend\"

I'm so pumped about my new ('83) Python that I wanted to learn more about Colts so I bought this book. Anybody own it? Whadda ya think? I can't wait to get it.

I ran into a fellow employee at the local gun show that I bought this Python at. I talked to him today and told him about my find. He said that he is having to sell some of his firearms collection and he mentioned that he was selling a 2 1/2" Python. I need to find out the particlulars but I've got the Python bug real bad. I may have stumbled onto my next gun.

[This message has been edited by BrainOnSigs (edited 09-02-2003).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: R.L. Wilson \"Colt: An American Legend\"

If your friends 2 1/2" Python is in good shape and you can get it at a good price (after all he is you friend, isn't he?) then you "need" to buy it from him and thereby doing him a big favor too. See how that works? Seriously, it would give you a great carry gun.

P.S. I have the book......Great book. Dick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I might buy the 2 1/2" Python but I'm not quite ready to switch my carry piece. I'm going to keep carrying my Sig P229 with 25 rounds of .40 S&W.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,823 Posts

Careful, sounds like you may be developing MEV... Metallic Equine Virus. An insatiable urge to buy Colts.

"The Book" is about the best available.
Colt considers this to be the Official history of Colt firearms.

As a companion book, I'd recommend Jerry Kuhnhausen's "The Colt Double Action Revolvers: A Shop Manual".

This is the best Colt revolver (about the ONLY Colt revolver) gunsmithing book around.
If you have any interest in the mechanics of the Colt's, this is the best there is. Where the Heritage book is concerned with what model was made when, the Kuhnhausen book explains why Colt's are famous for fine accuracy, and offer a huge amount of info on inspecting them for proper timing and adjustment.
This should be a part of every Colt revolver owners's library.

Money well spent.

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 09-02-2003).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts