Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I first tried a troy quad rail on my 6920 hbpw. The back half wouldnt fit inside the delta ring. Of course in snapped right into another 6920 I have with the government profile bbl. I bought a knights ras with the hope that it will fit the hbar. I also bought a handguard removal tool. I look online to see if others have had the same issue and one guy said yea the knights would have to be modified. Today I get the tool and same thing. It won't fit in the delta ring.
Am I just stuck with the stock handguards? Googling handguard for hbar carbine dosent yield and products.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Here's my Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine with HBAR very heavy contour barrel, it have larger diameter barrel under the handguards than your HBPW, installed is my Knight's Armament M4 RAS rail. It took me several tries using my handguard removal/ installation tool but the HBAR barrel fits and have enough gaps inside the RAS handguard (no modification to the rail required).

If you want a free float rail but not removing your fixed front sight and barrel nut, Centurion Arms makes a C4 M-LOK Rail (carbine cut) with extended left and right rails M-LOK system, they also have the standard Picatinny rails version, but the M-LOK version would be slightly lighter in weight.

With the Centurion arms rails the Delta ring and spring should be removed before installation of the rail, either by cutting the ring or removing the barrel nut. The fixed front sight and flash suppressor doesn't have to me removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts