Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have borrowed these knives often over the years when cutting bull claves, but closest I have ever been to owning one was an oldtimer pocket knife. Been the subject of various comments while working cattle but that is neither here nor there.

Received this fine knife this morning, and I am quite pleased to say the least.

Might have another Randall coming my way, if it works out I'll post it as well.

Blue Azure Rectangle Material property Font

Blue Rectangle Material property Font Publication

Blue Publication Material property Font Electric blue

Blue Wood Electric blue Blade Hunting knife

Blue Font Writing implement Pen Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Thanks...I keep reading about people saying no one uses their Randall knives....to me no sense in buying if you aren't going to use them....
[/QUOTE
Same boat - I've got two that I regularly use. One is a small boot style that actually works well on my belt with everything else during daily suit wear and the other is a Sergeants model I use when out in the woods, boned out a couple caribou with it and who knows what's next.

Quality items are meant to be used. What's the old saying about having a rich supermodel trophy wife? wouldn't it be a shame after you pass, if the next guy was the first? something like that....

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2nd Randall arrived today. I had seen it online but didn't think it was worth what was being asked. Showed the knife to my uncle(he's been collected guns and knives all over the country for 69 years, and shockingly he knew the dealer from knife shows. Gave me his number and told me to call and ask. Offline cash price was much more palatable and here she is.

A Randall 26-4 with 25 handle made of musk ox, nickel silver pommel and end cap.

I haven't owned anything with musk ox before but holy cow it is nice. Feel reminds me somewhat of ivory...although it has more texture to it and is downright beautiful!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Good looking grip . Multi purpose type blade has the use I look for . I'd have to mess with the scabbard and get rid of the scratchy snap and belt loop fastener . I wreck my holsters too . I like the solid brass even the green grease gunk in the corners .

Reactions: Kingcobb

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 more additions picked up over the holiday weekend.

A model 5 5 inch from early 90s I believe that has seen some use.

And an unused fairly new model 25-5 with antler handle.

Both blades are 01 as opposed to stainless.

Put my 26 in 1 pic for comparisons sake.
Tableware Wood Knife Cutlery Everyday carry
Tableware Wood Material property Cutlery Tool
Tableware Kitchen utensil Wood Cutlery Knife
Wood Metal Gun accessory Blade Nickel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts