Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father acquired a new Cobra for his birthday last week. He is a long time shooter and no stranger to revolvers. He reported that his new Cobra shot POA out of the box. Trigger response for both Double Action or Single Action was excellent and that the DA trigger pull is on par with his Cobra and DS from the early 70s. No mechanical issues. Shooting session was limited to single box of ammo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was happily surprised to get such positive feedback. At 75, he can either be considered a man of "high standards" or "very particular" when it comes to the shooting performance of his firearms.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am 74 and have considered purchasing a new Cobra as I have a DS that I carry sometimes. I still enjoy shooting about every two weeks at an indoor range. 1911's are also a joy to shoot but I limit myself to a 50 round box at a session. 9mm sometimes exceed two boxes and my .32's are really a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm a mere 68. Took my new one out to the range today. LOVE IT! We were shooting steel plates at from 15 to 20 yards. My Cobra simply refused to miss when I did my part. We fired three different loads and all shot well. The trigger is excellent and the fiberoptic front sight glowed like the embers in a campfire on a less than sunny day. Everything functioned as it should and the trigger was amazing. Could not be happier with my Cobra. I'm hoping this is just the first in a line of new Colts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm 73yo...picked up the new Cobra...after a great time at the range ordered a second one. Dead on, beautiful trigger, love it. Had sold off my S&W 642s due to nasty recoil for an olde geezer. Now I have soft recoil and an extra round. Happy happy happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts