Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to say after Militec 1 application to the action the trigger became silky smooth and we have a tackdriver and wonderful carry gun.,It is alot of fun to have a D.S. from 1968 that looks and acts like it just came out of the box.Thanks again to Brent and the Custom Shop for making this possible....Mike:cool:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Yeah, it didn't happen without the pictures !

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Cruiser RN, I have used Militec 1 to great success on semiautomatic handguns that FTF jams. No more FTFs after the Militec 1.

How did you go about treating your DS? Did you spray Militec 1 inside the mechanical components of the revolver? What was your technique?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it is qute simple.I use Q tips and first remove the grips.I put a light application on the v spring and put a few drops in the hammer mechanism with grip pointed up.I then put the hammer into single action and coat the inside.next I open the cylinder and coat the inside of the cylinder release.Finally I coat the inside of the ejector rod,each of the chambers in the cylinder,the inside of the barrel and the crane.After this treatment the trigger smooths out nicely,the cylinder spins freely,and it becomes easier to clean also.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Thanks, CruiserRN. Do you then heat the gun, bake it gently in a low temperature oven, per the Militec 1 instructions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts