Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Finally got a chance to shoot my "new to me" six-inch Trooper Mk III. The target below was shot (upsidedown) at 25 feet off hand, eighteen rounds single action, using one of my favorite handloads in .357 Magnum using a Berry's double struck 158 gr flat point bullet and HS-6 powder. A little more range time and I'll have the sights adjusted to POA. It looks like my only Colt is a keeper.

De Oppresso Liber

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
I always get a kick out of the fact that these great shooting Trooper MkIIIs were Colt's low-end gun at the time they were made. They are well finished, accurate, tank tough Colt revolvers. Enjoy your Colt.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Mighty impressive shooting!
My Mark IIIs shoot pretty decent too, though My 1971 Trooper has a few "tight" chambers, most noticeable when trying to eject cases, after firing magnum loads.

First time I've ever seen a Colt DA revolver, or any Colt revolver (matter of fact), suffer this particular issue.
Just ordered a cylinder hone and some honing oil to help remedy that minor issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. With performance like this I will be looking for another of these "low end" Colt revolvers:) After all you just can't have one of anything.

De Oppresso Liber

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I would rather be on the shooting end than the receiving end of one of these revolvers. They got a bad rap from the gun comic writers, but the fact was and is they are excellent revolvers, as accurate as any Colt and better than pretty much anything else. they could be brought back as a competitive revolver today ,despite what some blowhards say. Even if they don't .you have yours ,and as you can see, it is plenty accurate. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Looks like you have a somewhat rare electroless nickel MKIII trooper with correct rubber stocks. Extra special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts