Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know how rare a 4 inch Anaconda was in 45LC.
I have one spotted and will soon be mine.
Joe

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Joe, I can't tell you how many were produced but I can tell you they are rare (scarce) enough to command $1000 to $1500 price tags. This of course applies to the 4" Anaconda in 45 Colt only.

So how'd you do on price and condition?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it at $800 and it's in better then 95%,,has boxes and paperwork.Goes good with my 4 inch 44 mag,,,although now I have everything for reloading except the shell plate for my Dillon.I did 100 rds on a single press,but haven't shot em yet.I just looked on GunBrokers and there is another one with a buy-it-now for $795,,it was just put on so I'm sure it will be picked up quick.A friend told me they only made 5% of the Anacondas in 45 and no one knows how many of them were in 4 inch.I'm thinking yeh sure,what you been smokeing?But I bought it anyway because when I bought my 4inch 44 mag back in 92 I hem hawed about getting a 45.
Joe

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recieved the gun today.It's a mess though.Looks like it hasn't been cleaned after 100 rds.Just glad it's a 95% gun and I was aware of it,because I plan on doing some shooting with it myself after I get up and going on reloading and understand what loads it likes.It's an all around nice gun though,all paperwork and has the box.Seems to have no problems other then it's dirty.I'm pretty sure that it'll be kinda like reloading my 44 mag which has a 4 inch barrel also.They're nice guns to shoot up to 50 feet,which is about all I do.
Joe

·
Registered
14 Posts
i got mine in about 95% for $650.i love it.shoots like a dream.not sure about the 50 foot limit.i cap deer at 75 yards no problem with mine.just not here in liberal land.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought this Colt Anaconda a few years ago NIB for ~$530. It has a 4" barrel and is chambered in .45 Colt. I had no idea that they had gone up that much in value.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't dought that you could pop a deer at 75 yds.Years ago before they closed down our shooting spot on the river I'd go down there with my 4in 44mag and shoot objects from about that distant floating downstream.Boy,that was a lotta fun,guys would pull out guns and ice chests,and shoot away.But looking back I can see how dangerous it was with the free for all.You can really sight in a gun a lot better in the water (if you're shooting downhill that is)if you don't have any expensive range finders etc. to help.
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts