Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to info on other threads, I think my PPS is a rare one. It has a 4 inch barrel with a shroud for the ejector rod. Love the balance and the trigger pull, but if it is worth a bunch to a collector I might sell. It has Police Positive on it, without the Special, and the .38 Special label just below that. Is it rare? If so, how do I contact a collector who might buy it?

Bart Noir

·
Registered
68 Posts
The markings you describe are standard for the later production .38 Spec. Police Positive with barrel underlug; they dropped the "Special" of "Police Positive Special" on the later ones. It is not rare but, as you say, is a nice handling gun. Enjoy!

Steve

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,899 Posts
Actually this model is rather rare.

The under-lugged Police Positive Model #D2445, marked "Police Positive" was introduced shortly before the Colt SF-VI was brought out, and not many were made before it was discontinued in 1995.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will certainly defer to the more knowledgable dfariswheel and apologize for my misinformation. I knew the described markings indicated the later production PP and I've encountered so many of them that I just assumed (oops!) they were not rare. I guess I've simply been lucky in seeing so many. (Now I'm kicking myself for not having bought one; they are a sweet compact 4" .38!)

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts