Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any info on a Python Ten-Pointer? I found one for sale, but can't find any info on the net about them at all.
Thanks!
Eddie

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've seen these occasionally. Colt made various Python "hunter" sets a while back; I've seen the "Whitetailer", the "Hunter" and the "Ten-Pointer" although Colt may have sold these types of sets under other names too.

Now the Python Hunter is featured on the cover of the 1981 Colt catalog. They list it as an 8" blue .357 Python with a 2x Colt/Leupold scope and a Colt/Redfield mount, Colt/Pachmayr target stocks, orange front sight insert/white outline Accro rear sight, 50 rd. ammo case, SS cleaning rod w/ brass bushing and tool case with brushes, wrenches, etc. All this comes packaged in a Colt/Halliburton aluminum carrying case.

Sorry for the long description but I think these sets are all very similar in content, so this should give you an idea about what you should get with the "Ten-Pointer". I don't think these sets command a big premium over a regular Python even with all the accessories. I hesitate to tell you how much you should pay for it because of course it's totally up to you but if it's in NIB condition, I would guess the asking price is probably about $900 - $1,000.

Anyone else have any input, comments, etc.?

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 02-27-2005).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen this gun, but a friend who owns a gun shop has. He decribed it as 6 or 8 inch barrel, blued, with a Burris scope and millet rings. The current owner paid $900 ten years ago, has never fired it, and doesn't know yet what he will have to ask for it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts