Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone noticed how most every Colt, stocks, wood, everything for sale is being described a RARE? With a price that tends to support the RARE tag. This morning I saw a Arminius that is described as RARE. That could well be, as it may be the only one left on the planet. Even the stocks made in who knows where are rare.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
YOU ARE RIGHT !!! The word "RARE " has been meaningless for quite a spell now even though most/many internet gunbuyers or gunnys in general these days have NO clue what it ever meant.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Also, the term original box is meaningless at least for me. I wouldn't how to distinguish an original from a fake.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I'm thinkin' the terms 'scarce' or 'hard to find' might be more to the point. 'Rare' sorta evokes the notion that there never were very many made of whatever it is that is s'posed to be 'rare'. Do I own any 'rare' firearms? Nope, not a one. do I own some 'scarce' ones? Yup, probably.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
+1 for Oberon statement.

Around my house the only thing Rare is the Prime Rib and its rare twice. Rare when I can afford it and Rare when I eat it. LOL
Amen...and the wife is rare (only one of her) but I just came into possession of a rare 1903 .32 it's rare cause it's the only one with THAT serial number. :)

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Every other schlock seller on Gunbroker describes the gun or gun parts as rare. It's stupid and nuts. Usually I don't pay attention but occasionally I get a laugh from it.
I also avoid buying anything from a seller that describes a common item as rare. If he's willing to lie or embellish his description that way, what else is he dissembling about?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts