Colt Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
GUNKWAZY, I did some work for Colt back in the early 80's, I lived in Connecticut and they were only about an hour away, I got to see the whole Colt collection before it was sold off. I also had a chance to buy some rare Colt's from an employee who had a large collection of odd ball stuff. He was selling it all off to build a house. I could have bought that 2 1/2" inch Python set with the dice and cards on the grips, but oh no like a dumbass I just bought the "normal" SAAs and 1911s. Good for you for buying that "weird" stuff.

·
Premium Member
19,147 Posts
Jeff, Sorry to hear you are 'retreating' from the Colt Forum. It is not unusual for any thread to get comments that are tangential to the subject, but overall the discussions are usually very interesting and educational. Seeing your rare Pythons and following the thread was a treat for me. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't think the tangeant was the issue;in fact, my guess is that it was started to lighten things up.

These revolvers are obviously very special, and it was great that the OP shared them with us. But an auction was involved and auction bid speculation is an internet forum favorite - sometimes to the detriment of the conversation.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
It’s great that the auction on some historic Colts (see what I did there) worked out and everyone is happy.

Having said that, the only thing that is bugging me about this thread, is that some folks have apparently forgotten how to use apostrophes correctly! :eek:
I appreciate your post, but if you are going to criticize punctuation, grammar and spelling on this site, you’re going to be very busy.

Here’s a phrase my eighth grade English teacher gave me to help with my use of (or lack of) commas.
Yesterday I had to help my Uncle Jack, off a horse. Now try it without the comma. :eek:

On another note, I purchased a Python from Jeff almost eight (8) years ago. At the time I thought is was expensive, now not so much.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
amazing collection jeff. wow. i too took a hiatus from the forum and this thread has reminded me why, lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
GUNKWAZY, I did some work for Colt back in the early 80's, I lived in Connecticut and they were only about an hour away, I got to see the whole Colt collection before it was sold off. I also had a chance to buy some rare Colt's from an employee who had a large collection of odd ball stuff. He was selling it all off to build a house. I could have bought that 2 1/2" inch Python set with the dice and cards on the grips, but oh no like a dumbass I just bought the "normal" SAAs and 1911s. Good for you for buying that "weird" stuff.
I would die to have seen that collection. seen parts of it scattered around but never in it's complete glory

·
Registered
191 Posts
The funny thing was , while I was gun guy back then, and knew what I was looking at, I wasn't a big Colt fan at the time. When the employee said, Hey wanna see the Colt collection, I thought it was gonna be 15-20 guns. After racks and racks of #1 serial numbers, I was amazed.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts