Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
I love it, my wife was grossed out, so that was even better. She said what do they do with all those skins, so I reminded her I had one that I give my youngest grandson. The longest one I ever caught was over 6 feet long. I have a photo of me with his head in my hand, his body supported with my other hand, and his tail dragging on the ground. I asked my wife were my photos were so I can scan some of them and post them. I guess she knows where they are. Thanks for the thread I loved it.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Being newly retired from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum where I was a reptile keeper for the past dozen years, my reaction is just a bit different than most. Maybe she was one of the reasons why "there ain't as many rattlers as there used to be around Tucson any more".

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
"I love it, my wife was grossed out, so that was even better." lol

That will happen, my old pard another old retired GI passed away aways back, he had roamed around Asian as a young guy, Thailand, Korea, etc.

His family was sadly cleaning out his stuff, found a small medicinal bottle of 'snake wine' from SE Asia from about 50 years ago.

All the women folk hollered and ran like hell. ha ha!

A good joke my pardner would have liked that.

The snake wine went down the drain..

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
One thing about rattlesnakes is that even if you surprise them and don't step on them, give them a chance and they will try to get away. We had so many on the Air Force golf course that we moved them off to the brush to try and keep them away, otherwise the golfers beat them with their clubs.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Being newly retired from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum where I was a reptile keeper for the past dozen years, my reaction is just a bit different than most. Maybe she was one of the reasons why "there ain't as many rattlers as there used to be around Tucson any more".
Bet there are a lot more rats around Tucson nowadays as a result.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I agree.
My brother is a herpetologist and we have a different view of reptiles. He travels all over the world researching different species of snakes.
He found a species of rattlesnake that was thought to be extinct in Arizona. I believe it was in the huachuca mountains and it was a Mexican ridgenosed rattlesnake. He was also bit by a rock rattlesnake in Arizona and spent a few days in the hospital.
He has a few hundred reptiles now and has been reaearching Gila monsters for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts