1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I saw the listing as I Lock Stock & Barrel is a saved search for me.
When I first looked at the listing it was obviously refinished, the price was just over 1K kind of a giveaway also.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I read the listing and, yes, it's been refinished but the write-up states that the finish is DU-LITE. I'm sayin' it looks more like a nice blue job.

Reactions: Hootch56

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Du-Lite is the trade name for a black oxide finish that is still sold today. What would be the difference in the Du-Lite brand and any other black oxide finish.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well don't dismiss their other rarity......an NAA......
I see some real issues with the "NAA"...especially the slide address. IMO, that's not an original NAA marking and if not, then it's impossible for finish to be original. Hammer profile looks like the checkering may have been removed. There are some other issues as well.

The Singer, on the other hand, is definitely real. I know. I'm the one who had Bill Adair restore the finish. Prior to my purchasing the pistol, a fellow had it to kill hogs or cattle (can't remember which) on the farm. The gun had reportedly been refinished back in the 1960s by a previous owner.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scott, your mention of Bill Adair brings up a sad memory. A few years back, I shipped a 1911A1 Government Model with Swartz Safety to Bill for refinishing. He called one day and said he was shipping it back. He realized that he didn't have much time left and knew he'd never finish it. He passed away a few weeks later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts