Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received two of the six books I ordered, and after some browsing I began to read them. Colt: Cavalry and Artillery,... a continuing study. After a few words I realized there was a previous study so I altered my selection. By the way the Cavalry and Artillery book was inscribed by the author, John Kopec to Al Perry on the first day of publication. Mr. Perry I have your copy and intend to read every word more than once.

A Study of the Colt Single Action Army Revolver, 30th Anniversary Edition, also signed by the author, no inscription. Believe me I made a big to do over this reading. I got the coffee, the chair, used the biggest table at my disposal and sat down in my adventure to learn something. After the acknowledgements the intro is done by Mel Torme, yep the singer. Mr. Torme was an avid collector that had to build his collection more than once, and did it in a style I can only dream of, or by buying a book and going along for the ride. This is the first coffee table sized book that I can remember the pictures getting in the way of the words. It was at this time my wife interrupted me and told me it was late and time for bed. We have a party to prepare for today and must get the yard ready for the Bar-B-Q. In any event I will pay my dues and make momma happy and get back to the book in due course. Dang!

I am at the beginning of my study of an Historical and famous revolver and it is my great pleasure to begin. Anyone want to share their reading I'm all ears, but in the meantime my back and hands are about to do yardwork.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Book knowledge is essential! That and "hands on" experience at every antique gun show you can get to will give you a pretty well rounded education.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hands on, coming soon. I'm waiting on a few shooters to show up and then a special SAA. I'm closing in on a preferred style, not sure which though. Good idea on visiting shows, anyone know of any upcoming shows in NJ or Pa. ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts