Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
This seller has a letter, or documentation, with everything he is selling. Does anyone know him? Are all his letters ligit? TIA

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This seller has a letter, or documentation, with everything he is selling. Does anyone know him? Are all his letters ligit? TIA
He does have some nice dick specials for sale too, look's like he was a collector and now
is selling off some of his collection.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
About ten years ago my 2" Official Police round butt lettered as a 2". There was no mention of the butt style in the letter so I called Ms. Hoyt. She told me over the phone that they did not keep records of the butt style and therefore, had no way to confirm my revolver as a round butt. My bubble burst. Therefore, as a result of this conversation that I had with Colt, the letter on gunbroker is too good to be true. In my opinion of course. If anyone has the secret of getting such a letter from Colt, please tell me because I need one like that.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Good Looking Gun

Heres a real opportunity for someone to own a nice rare gun worth the money, how many post war 2 inch Official Polices do you ever see, or have seen ? Its one you may never get a shot at again.

John

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I wish I had the money, but alas the coiffers are bare :( ---

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Everyone can rest,, the buy it now has been hit. A grail gun for the snubby collector. John
And the price went down quite a bit. ;)

Now if I can only fiqure out what year it is. Would it be a 1957 per Proof House, or a 1964 per the Colt letter date of shipment?

The devil made me do it . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Now, if I can only fiqure out what year it is. Would it be a 1957 per Proof House, or a 1964 per the Colt letter date of shipment?
Actually, both dates are correct. These snub nose OP's were built on leftover Marshall frames, which would date from the late 1950's.

But they sold slowly, due to the fact that they weren't included most catalogs, beyond a notation that they were available.

FWIW, your shipped date is the one that most collectors consider important.

hth ~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts